Did you know the average person eats almost 1,500 pounds of food a year? Healthy eating habits begin now. Join the Children’s Museum of Houston as they celebrate nutrition during the annual Nutrition Expo. You’re invited to discover what’s yummy for the tummy and learn cool facts about the fuel your body needs to get up and go. Plus, visit Zone 4 museums as part of the Museum Experience!
- H-E-Buddy Appearance: H-E-B’s adorable mascot will encourage fruits and veggies shopping.
- Fruit Cart: Check out Baylor College of Medicine’s vehicle made entirely out of fruit!
- Taste Tasting: Not only will you get to see food being made, but try it!
- Healthy Recipes: Eating healthy doesn’t mean cutting out flavor! Learn tasty recipes.
- Dietitian: Ask questions and get answers about diet and nutrition.
- Food Science Extravaganza: Unlock the clues of our mystery powders, see how much dye is found in ordinary candy and power a light bulb with a…potato? That’s right a potato! All happening in Science Station.
- Just a Minute: Put yourself to the 60 sec. fitness test at the ExxonMobil Math Cart.
- If I Were a Ballerina Story Time: Put on your dancing shoes and join us for a rocking good exercise as we practice our moves along with this exciting Ballet story at the Parent Resource Library.
- Slackline – Balance or Fall: Make exercise fun when you find activities that challenge you. Using wheels, wire, and found materials, invent a way to walk across a wire at Inventors’ Workshop.
- Wheel of Fitness: Bring variety to your exercise routine at Junktion.
- What’s On My Plate: Learn how to choose foods to make a balanced plate at Junktion.
- Eat The Rainbow: Remember to eat a healthy fruit rainbow and give different foods a try at Junktion.
WHEN: Fitness, Fuel and Fun! Nutrition Expo
Saturday, Sept. 27, 2014; all day.
***Activities, events and times subject to change.
WHERE: Children’s Museum of Houston, 1500 Binz, Houston, TX 77004
MUSEUM HOURS: Tues. – Sat.: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.; Sun: Noon – 6 p.m.
COST: General Museum admission: $9 per person and $8 for seniors 65+ and for active duty military personnel. Children under one and Museum Members receive free admission.
For more information, visit www.cmhouston.org or call (713) 522-1138.