WHAT: It’s time to push your boundaries at the Children’s Museum of Houston! With only a few weeks left before school begins, show off all you have learned at the Summer of Epic Adventure – where superheroes come to train! Face the Ultimate Test using your newly trained physical and mental abilities combined with strategy, creativity and lots of imagination.
- Get Your Gear On – Plastic Fusion Masks: Design a super mask that will keep your identity safe. Event Time: 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. (Mon. – Sat); Noon to 2 p.m. (Sunday) in How Does It Work?
- “Calling All Superheroes” Live Epic Showdown: Catch the Boredom Bandit and save the Brain. Event Times: From Aug. 15 to 18, Noon, 1 & 2 p.m. (Thurs. & Fri.); 11 a.m., noon, 1 p.m. (Saturday); 1, 2 & 3 p.m. (Sunday) in the Brown Auditorium
- Epic Experience – Giant Jenga: How tall of a tower could you withstand before it crumbles? Event Time: Every day from 3 to 5 p.m. in How Does It Work?
- Comic Book Artist Presentation: Learn from a comic book artist who brings superheroes to life. Event Time: Saturday, Aug. 17 from 2 to 3 p.m. in the Brown Auditorium.
- Super Secret Quiz: Geek out with an electronic quiz box at Inventors’ Workshop.
- Balance Board Mazes: Test your balancing skills while moving a maze ball at Power Science Lab.
- Phonebook Friction: Use your muscles to try and pull two phonebooks apart at Science Station.
- Rice Bottles.: Lift a bottle full of rice off the counter using one chopstick at Science Station.
- Friction Race: Check out how friction affects matchbox cars at Science Station.
- DIY Mosaics: Make art from scratch and piece it together at Alexander Art Academy.
- Achi: Stretch your mental muscle with a strategy game at the ExxonMobil Math Cart.
- Circle Logic: Beat your opponent with a logic challenge at the ExxonMobil Math Cart.
- Choose Your Own Adventure: What would a hero do in certain situations? Find out at Junktion.
- Superhero Photo Frame: Crown your heroic achievements at Junktion.
WHEN: The Ultimate Test Celebration, August 15 – 22, 2013 ***Activities, events and times subject to change.
WHERE: Children’s Museum of Houston, 1500 Binz, Houston, TX 77004
MUSEUM HOURS: Mon. – Sat.: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.; Sun: Noon – 6 p.m.
Second Saturday of every month opens at 9 a.m. for members.
General Museum Admission: $9 per person and $8 for seniors 65+ and for active duty military personnel. Children under one and Museum Members receive free admission.
Free Family Night every Thursday 5 – 8 p.m.
For more information, visit www.cmhouston.org or call (713) 522-1138.