The Children’s Museum of Houston invites you to get the star treatment! Whyatt, the lead character from PBS’ “Super WHY!” will make a special appearance at a viewing party during the Museum’s Summer of Epic Adventure – The Sequel. Houston Public Media members take $3 off admission with valid membership card. (Up to 6 per membership card).
“Super WHY!” is the first educational, superhero TV series to help children learn to read through engaging story adventures. Follow 6-year-old, Whyatt Beanstalk, younger brother of Jack, from “Jack and the Beanstalk,” and his charming fairytale character friends—Red of “Little Red Riding Hood” fame, Littlest Pig from “The Three Little Pigs,” and Princess Pea of the beloved “The Princess and the Pea,” as they convert into their alter egos and use their superpowers to literally jump into books to discover answers to everyday questions and challenges.
- Super WHY! Character Appearance: Hang out Whyatt! Bring your camera.
- Event Times: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the Alcove.
- Super WHY! Viewing Party: Catch old time favorites and maybe new episodes too.
- Show Times: 10 to 11 a.m. and 3 to 6 p.m. in the Brown Auditorium (Limited seating).
- Super WHY! Activities: Take home Super WHY!-inspired activities you make.
- Event Times: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. in Kid’s Hall.
- Houston Public Library: Sign up for a card at our own Parents Resource Library so you’ll have the power to check out books.
Saturday, Aug. 16, 2014, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
***Activities, events and times subject to change.
Children’s Museum of Houston, 1500 Binz, Houston, TX 77004
SUMMER HOURS: Mon. – Sat.: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.; Sun: Noon – 6 p.m.
SUPER WHY! SPECIAL HOURS: Open at 9 a.m. for Museum members and Houston Public Media members
General Museum admission: $9 per person and $8 for seniors 65+ and for military personnel. Children under one and Museum Members receive free admission.
Free Family Night every Thursday 5 – 8 p.m.
For more information, visit www.cmhouston.org or call (713) 522-1138.