Don’t miss therapy dogs, Houston Ballet, soothing songs and interactive stories on Monday, Oct. 15, beginning at 10 a.m.
HOUSTON — The Children’s Museum of Houston is inviting the community to an exclusive Halloween event for children with Autism.
Sensory Friendly Day is an opportunity for kids with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) and sensory processing differences to explore the Museum.
Doors will be closed to the public. There will be no music and sound-reducing headphones will be available.
Outside food and drinks will be allowed (Fresh Café will be closed).
- Netflix “Ozark” Star: Join actor Evan George Vourazeris for an inspirational and uplifting message.
Therapy Dogs: Pet and take pictures with Faithful Paws’ therapy dogs!
- Houston Ballet’s Creative Movement: Use focus and balance while you dance and move.
- Music Therapy: Relax to soothing music from Kate Harrison Music Therapy.
- Children with Disabilities Interactive: Participate in a legal rights workshop by Hegwood Law Group.
- Social Thinking Story Time: The Learning Sphere will conduct an interactive story time.