Most superheroes can withstand the Houston heat. But not everyone can resist a mouthwatering ice cream. The Children’s Museum of Houston invites you to shake, rattle, and roll your way to a tasty, frozen treat at the Summer of Epic Adventure – Forces Unite. Make ice cream in celebration of National Ice Cream Day on July 19.
Fat Cat Creamery: Houston Height’s beloved ice cream parlor will swing by with free samples. Name a flavor!
Event Time: 12:30 to 3 p.m. in the Alcove (While supplies last)
Ice Cream Making: In 1984, President Ronald Reagan established National Ice Cream Day as the third Sunday in July. Beware the brain freeze and make your very own irresistible ice cream! Brr!
Event Time: 1 to 3 p.m. in the Allen Family Courtyard (While supplies last)
Amy’s Ice Creams: Texas’ favorite creamery will scoop free sample-size flavors. Plus, help name one!
Event Time: 3:30 to 6 p.m. in the Alcove (While supplies last)
- Icy Watercolors: Replicate your own fortress of solitude in the Alexander Art Academy.
- Ice Crown: Get the royal treatment with an icy crown at Junktion.
- Chill Out, Chill!: See snow created right before your own eyes at Science Station.
- Incredible Ice-Melting Blocks: Melt ice off different materials at Science Station.
- Super Cool Ice Balloon: Explore the amazing properties of ice using a balloon at Science Station.
National Ice Cream Day, July 19, 2015
***Activities, events and times subject to change.
Children’s Museum of Houston, 1500 Binz St., Houston, TX 77004
- MUSEUM SUMMER HOURS: Mon. – Sat.: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.; Sun: Noon – 6 p.m.
- General Museum admission: $10 per person and $9 for seniors 65+ and for active duty military personnel. Children under one and Museum Members receive free admission.
- For more information, visit www.cmhouston.org or call (713) 522-1138.