The Children’s Museum of Houston will celebrate poetry and the spoken word during the Write Stuff Bash. Experience fun literacy-inspired activities and performances sure to bring out the poet in you!
WHEN: The Write Stuff Bash, April 9, 2016
WHERE: Children’s Museum of Houston, 1500 Binz St., Houston, TX 77004
Join HBU students and write an original piece inspired by museum exhibits!
Event time: Noon – 2 p.m. throughout the Museum.
Journal Sheet Design: Use creative journal sheets for startup stories and poems with the iWrite team.
Event time: noon to 2 p.m. throughout the Museum.
Book Binding Maker Workshop: Bind pages together and design your very own writer’s journal!
Event time: 2 to 4 p.m. in the Chevron Maker Annex.
- “I Ain’t Gonna Paint No More!:” Channel Karen Beaumont’s book at Alexander Art Academy.
- Brainwaves: Learn how brainwaves are measured when you rhyme vs. speak at Science Station.
- Animal Camouflage: Spot Carle’s “Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?” at Ecostation.
- Cat in the Hat Mask: Become the mischievous, troublemaker Cat in the Hat at Junktion.
- Gruffalo Mask: Take on Julia Donaldson’s famous creature at Junktion.
- Granny’s Flying Carpet: Design it like in Blackstone’s “My Granny Went to Market” at Junktion.
- MUSEUM HOURS: Tues. – Sat.: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.; Sun: Noon – 6 p.m.
- General Museum admission: $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65+ and for active duty military personnel. Children under one and Museum Members receive free admission.
- For more information, visit www.cmhouston.org or call (713) 522-1138.