HOUSTON — Much like the Macy’s Thanksgiving parade where you see Santa at the end, the Children’s Museum of Houston is excited to host its 8th annual Great Gobbler Thanksgiving with Santa event where kids make their own floats, wear them, join the parade and meet Santa.
Get into the holiday spirit with exhilarating activities and engage in our terrific Thanksgiving traditions!
Don’t forget to bring your camera to snap pictures with the man in red before his big delivery.
- Great Gobbler Thanksgiving Float Making and Parade Lead by Giant Turkey: Gobble, gobble! Build a sparkling Thanksgiving float to wear and then walk along our giant turkey during our colorful Thanksgiving Parade.
- Here Comes Santa: Have you been naughty or nice? Bring your camera and your wish list.
- Egg Splatter Art: Create an egg-citing Thanksgiving picture at the Alexander Art Academy.
- Fall Leaves Turkey: Design a turkey using fall leaves as feathers at EcoStation.
- Turkey Hats: Make a fashionable hat at Junktion to wear to Thanksgiving dinner.
- The Great Gobbler: Make a turkey centerpiece to display on Thanksgiving at Junktion.
- Thank You Tree: Write a thank you turkey leg card and hang it at Junktion.
- Angry Turkeys: Make Turkey launchers to turn the tables on hunters at Science Station