Foodie hotspot and destination market showcases even bigger and better offerings
HOUSTON – Central Market Houston is setting a new standard for grocery shopping after an extensive renovation, now offering an even bigger and better epicurean experience the community deserves. The new and improved store, officially relaunching Wednesday, will boast an additional 10,000 square feet with expanded offerings and refined shopping, bringing a wide range of new features to loyal Houston customers. The first major renovation since opening in 2001 reflects several years of travel, exploration and development to cultivate the perfect store for the wide range of patrons Central Market attracts from across the city.
“Central Market has a long-standing commitment to leadership in creativity and product innovation for the H-E-B family. With the completion of our renovation, this location now represents our newest and best expression of this promise to our Houston shoppers,” said Stephen Butt, President, Central Market. “This project represents our team’s commitment to bring the best food offerings to Houstonians who love food just as much as we do. We greatly appreciate the patience of our loyal shoppers who have stayed with us while we have worked so hard to bring this dynamic and new experience which they can now enjoy for many years to come.”
Catering to food lovers — from internationally-recognized gourmet cooks to families on the run — the renovated store will offer Houstonians the highest quality one-stop-shop for gourmet selections and entertaining options, extensive Chef Prepared offerings as well as everyday grocery shopping.
Special features include:
- Expanded fresh produce department, making it the largest in size and assortment in all of H-E-B.
- In-house, freshly made, “bean to bar” chocolate, crafted from single-sourced cocoa beans imported from five countries around the world.
- Premium wine wall dedicated to unique, hard to find, high-quality specially sourced wines for collectors, fine-wine lovers, and extra special occasions.
- A vast expansion of international foods featuring the highest quality items from the British Isles, India, Greece/Mediterranean region, and Asia – including Japan and Korea. Many of these products have never been carried before at Central Market or H-E-B.
- The largest assortment of quality olive oils in the country with 350 certified EVOO from around the world. Central Market’s first “tasting bar” for olive oils allows customers to experience the wide flavor profiles of the best olive oils before they
- New Coffee, Tea and Smoothie Bar. With the popularity of fresh coffee continuing to rise, Central Market is taking the popular coffee bar to the next level with Lavazza Espresso, nitro cold brew, and single origin micro-lot coffees roasted in house at Central Market.
- Dry Aged U.S.D.A. Prime, Natural Angus Beef that begins with the purity and quality of source verified Black Angus cattle from sixth generation Texas ranchers who ensure our beef is humanely raised naturally without added growth hormones and antibiotics. Central Market finishes this superb beef by dry aging in-store for a minimum of 21 days to further enhance the flavor and undeniable tenderness.
- New entry & atrium allowing more space for customers to get organized before starting their trip, and a beautifully dramatic atrium to complete your shopping experience on a high note.
- Redesigned checkout atrium offering more lanes, more room, and bright sunlight spilling in from towering windows in a vaulted ceiling.
- An outside patio for summer entertainment and additional seating upstairs available for parties and groups overlooking the store.
ABOUT CENTRAL MARKET:
Central Market’s open, serpentine-flow, full view European-style layout offers a completely new food shopping experience. A bountiful produce department with unmatched quality and variety, an 80-foot seafood case with selections from throughout the world, hundreds of cheeses, 2,500 wine labels, stupendous specialty grocery aisles with delights from every continent, and a world class cooking school featuring hands-on instruction are among the features that make the Central Market experience unique. http://www.centralmarket.com.